Posted by youyuanren
28-08-14 03:42 PM
1 reply, 76 view

Old 06-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
thinkman
OMY Initiate

thinkman is on a distinguished road
Question HDB Parking Offence!!!

Can any wise readers here share your experience or advise if you had similar encounter as in my below unbelievable and rediculous parking offence:

Several weeks ago, I stop my vehicle at HDB Car Park near Aljunied CC, waiting to pick up a friend from the CC. I did not actually park my vehicle and am waiting inside my car since I am there just to pick up a friend.
One week later, I received a HDB hand written summon ticket via post with a slap of $50.00 fine.
Together with the ticket is a covering letter with HDB letter head, stating that "it has been reported by a member of public that on (date and time), the mentioned vehicle was found parked illegally in the car park no. xxx"; and on the summon ticket, it is written as "Illegal parking near Blk 110, Hougang Ave1, more than 15mins"

I drive for more than 20years and surprise to only know that HDB officer can issue summon by just a phone call from "member of public" reporting, without their salary paid car park attendance around to actually understand if a vehicle is parked illegally or just stopping/waiting!!!???

Like to hear your voice and comments.

thinkman.....
thinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
Bearcoming
OMY Commander

Bearcoming is on a distinguished road
Did you park in the Red parking lot? Whether you are inside or not, you will still be fine. You can write in to appeal for waiver..Good luck to you...
Bearcoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
thinkman
OMY Initiate

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcoming View Post
Did you park in the Red parking lot? Whether you are inside or not, you will still be fine. You can write in to appeal for waiver..Good luck to you...
Bro Bearcoming,
Good to see your reply. Thank you.
I can not remember if i had "parked" in or out of any parking lot, but i know i am waiting in the HDB Car Park area; I mean would you choose to wait along a main road or within a desinated parking area? like i mentioned, the ticket was being sent to me after one week. I have to crack my head to recall where I am when I received the ticket.....its plain stupid and idiot.....
By the way, written on the parking offence noitce is "Illegal parking near Blk 110 Hougang Ave 1, more than 15mins".........I am not sure but I suppose parking offence notice will indicate very clearly where and how exactly you've illegally parked your vehicle instead of using uncertain words like "NEAR BLK 110"......

I am not prepared to pay the fine of course.

My intention for the posting is to know and learn from our fellow "mass public car owners" here if anyone does come across similar scenario like what I had received....a summon being issued base on "mass public" reporting and if a so call "mass public" is authorised and qualified to make reporting without an official car park attendance around to verify the instance situation before issuing the summon???!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
随心
OMY Elite

随心 will become famous soon enough随心 will become famous soon enough
Hi thinkman,

can it be that the witness actually taken photo of your car doing 'illegal parking', that why you received a summon???

I was chatting about this issue with my partner, he say that it seem unreasonable for the traffic police to just issue based on a complaint call.

However, just like other traffic offences (eg dash across red light), traffic police will not attached photo, unless upon request (and I think there is a fee for that)

不为反对而反对,不为袒护而袒护。。。。国家和个人才有进步。。。。加油!!!!
随心 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
thinkman
OMY Initiate

随心,你好。 谢谢你的意见。
It was a HDB parking summon, not TP. It is not a traffic offence, but parking offence.

Who will be so kapo, go take photo and call HDB to make report for illegal parking??? As far as I know, other than HDB Car park attendance, only Cisco and Certis is the contracted authorised outsource agents to issue summon tickets. How could HDB suka suka issue summon by just listening to a normal mass public reporting. This is a big big ??? to puzzle about. To me, it is like HDB Hougang Br. issue the summon for the sake of issuing, hoping that the person receive the summon to pay off the fine, then their job done!!! Of course, i would not pay for this summon and I am appealing all the way. My thinking is why should one be punished if he did not do anything wrong!! Eventhough, I am kind of fedup and peace off against this summon issue as it is taking up unnecessary time wastage for attending to make the appeal.

I am not sure if it will be too sensitive if i attached the summon ticket here to have it publictise? Any advise?
Old 06-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
Bearcoming
OMY Commander

Bearcoming is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkman View Post
随心,你好。 谢谢你的意见。
It was a HDB parking summon, not TP. It is not a traffic offence, but parking offence.

Who will be so kapo, go take photo and call HDB to make report for illegal parking??? As far as I know, other than HDB Car park attendance, only Cisco and Certis is the contracted authorised outsource agents to issue summon tickets. How could HDB suka suka issue summon by just listening to a normal mass public reporting. This is a big big ??? to puzzle about. To me, it is like HDB Hougang Br. issue the summon for the sake of issuing, hoping that the person receive the summon to pay off the fine, then their job done!!! Of course, i would not pay for this summon and I am appealing all the way. My thinking is why should one be punished if he did not do anything wrong!! Eventhough, I am kind of fedup and peace off against this summon issue as it is taking up unnecessary time wastage for attending to make the appeal.

I am not sure if it will be too sensitive if i attached the summon ticket here to have it publictise? Any advise?

Again, I am not sure the whole situation. If you are parking in the red parking lot or parking along the double yellow line and etc, you are considered doing a wrong thing. If you are appealing to HDB, your letter must be polite and admit that you have unintentionally commit the mistake. If the tone of your letter is as what you are writting now, I guess the appealing is unlikely to succeed. One more thing, if someone will to take photo and with your car plate, it is an evidence and even you want to go to high court, you will still lose the case and end up paying the court fee, lawyer fee and your original fine. (I hope I am not wrong)

If someone will to take photo, it could be your illegal parking behaviour has caused obstacle and inconvience to other people. Hence, it is understandable that they call to HDB to complain. Again, good luck to you.
Bearcoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
随心
OMY Elite

Quote:
随心,你好。 谢谢你的意见。

Hi thinkman,

I am kind of grateful that you shared with me more information (as a knowledge) rather than me able to help you to look into your problem.

I wont be surprise that there are kapo people around doing 'photo-taking' (jus like we saw many news report based on public who provide photo etc. Maybe someone out there think that he/she is doing it out of rigteousness (in his/her own sense)

Hope you can get it settled. Keep a cool mind k

As for your last qn, I also not sure if it is appropriate for you to do so.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #8
thinkman
OMY Initiate

Hi, Bro Bear and Heart (hope you guys dont mind i shortform your nick ),

My first humble appealed to HDB was not successful. HDB replied with a unpleasant contents which I do not want to mentioned here. I had sent in my 2nd appeal with the instruction from one of the HDB officer after I spoken to them thru' phone.

Someone told me before: you are a tax payer, you are the 1st grade citizen to the country. We all are tax payers, aren't we? I can diffentiate and know when to tone politely and when to let go to speak out. My appeal letter was more on pleading for waiver rather than yawling to them. While this is a chat room for sharing opinions, i suppose i should let go and speak freely...i apologise if you can feel my frustrating tone....soli ya
Nevertheless, to decide whether to waive or not should base on facts rather than how polite is the letter. HDB officer has no right to judge and decide your personality base on the appeal letter and decide whether or not to waive the compound.

Once again, my intention of putting up the issue here is to know from our fellow car owners here if anyone does come across similar scenario of receiving Hand Written Summon from HDB base on "Mass Public" reporting??
Old 06-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #9
随心
OMY Elite

Hi thinkman,

Now i am equally as puzzled and curious,hoping to know more from other readers too

Old 06-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #10
欢欢
OMY Initiate

欢欢 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Can any wise readers here share your experience or advise if you had similar encounter as in my below unbelievable and rediculous parking offence:

Several weeks ago, I stop my vehicle at HDB Car Park near Aljunied CC, waiting to pick up a friend from the CC. I did not actually park my vehicle and am waiting inside my car since I am there just to pick up a friend.
One week later, I received a HDB hand written summon ticket via post with a slap of $50.00 fine.
Together with the ticket is a covering letter with HDB letter head, stating that "it has been reported by a member of public that on (date and time), the mentioned vehicle was found parked illegally in the car park no. xxx"; and on the summon ticket, it is written as "Illegal parking near Blk 110, Hougang Ave1, more than 15mins"

I drive for more than 20years and surprise to only know that HDB officer can issue summon by just a phone call from "member of public" reporting, without their salary paid car park attendance around to actually understand if a vehicle is parked illegally or just stopping/waiting!!!???

Like to hear your voice and comments.

thinkman.....
From what i noe ILLEGAL parking should be u r parking outside the lot..if not it usually states' parking in carpark lot no..xxx without coupon displayed/expired OR without valid seasoning parking ticket (for season lots). i supposed your car would've block other road user's way..

I have heard over the radio once by Glenn Ong (DJ) , member of the public report his 'illegal parking' along double yellow line to the authority. The 'authority' really came down to issue the summon shortly after the report was made.

So, i guess in your case the letter did not elaborate the "step 2" to you. possible??

Appeal MP ..i have tried ONCE appealing to MP abt parking at loading/unloading bay for more than 16mins.. $100 bucks man!! BUT no 2nd chance or whatsoever.. have to discipline ourselves after that..
欢欢 is offline   Reply With Quote